Projects for CheckiO
I see CheckiO not as a coding school but as a coding university where players have some basic knowledge in the beginning and can continuously polish and improve their skills while they are playing the game. So I was looking for what can be the next step to this coding university.
Do you remember when I shared an idea about adding Open Source projects on CheckiO?
Well, we have collected Open Source projects that fit better for fairly new contributors. I’ve also connected directly with a lot of experienced Open Source contributors such as Guido van Rossum, Ned Batchelder from edX, Sean Lip from Oppia, Maxim Salnikov from Angular and many others in order to get their feedback about the idea and suggested projects they think are well suited for us.
If you know some Open Source project you want to add here please fill the form (for Py or for Js), and after review, we will add it on CheckiO for free. If your project is not Open Source and you are looking for developers for your project, we can add it (for Py or for Js) as well but it is not for free.
Thank you for taking part in weekly 3 question survey. Based on your feedback we decide to upgrade a previous one. Give us your answers on 3 simple questions and next week you see the results.
Some other cool stuff that happen mean while:
- Very random solution from StackOfPancakes. The solution for Brackets mission use only random function
- New solution from veky for mission Fizz Buzz . When you think: “There are no other ways to solve this simple mission”, veky can always come up with something new :)
- Python version for CheckiO was upgraded to Python-3.6.0b1. We are trying to keep is as fresh as it possible for you.
- “Min and Max” mission is in Editor’s Choice Mode
- During this week we get so many missions translations from users. Thank you kurosawa4434, GiForce and DahliaSR. You guys are awesome. You can learn more here about how to make CheckiO missions better.
- Two discussions might be interesting for future scientist. “Fellow Scientists, what is your workflow in python?” on reddit and “Why is Python a language of choice for data scientists?” on quora
Welcome to CheckiO - games for coders where you can improve your codings skills.
The main idea behind these games is to give you the opportunity to learn by exchanging experience with the rest of the community. Every day we are trying to find interesting solutions for you to help you become a better coder.Join the Game