• I'm sorry, I don't understand this

Question related to mission The 88th Puzzle

According to my logic, the description is not clear enough (at least not to me).

And on that point, I raise a few questions:

1. When you say each move rotates the ring by 90 degrees, does the following hold? If, for example, the first ring is {0: 0, 2: 1, 3: 3, 5: 1} (where this dictionary is a relation of index to value), a move of '1' rotates this ring as follows: {0: 1, 2: 1, 3: 0, 5: 3} ??
  2. In a sequence of moves, in which order are the rings rotated? Is the first ring rotated first, the second after that, etc?
  3. Why when a ring needs to stay as it is in a round, does it have to be rotated 4 times (essentially not moving it at all, as I understand it) instead of rotating it 0 times? Does it have any special effect?
  4. To that effect, could you provide a more detailed move-to-move progress of the example in the description? I fail to see how rotating the rings in order (first ring 1, then 2, then 3 and then 4), can generate the goal state, starting from (0,2,1,3,2,1,4,0,0,4,0,3).

If you move ring 1 four times, it will effectively remain in place, and the marbles with value 1 in positions 2 and 5 will remain where they are. However the goal state wants them to be in positions 0 and 2.