Video Code Review with Veky: contextlib and ast
In this video veky go through a lot of topics
- What is contextlib and how does it work with veky’s family tree solution.
- Try.. except: pass is the most dangerous idiom in Python and why.
- Zen of Python (import this)
- why “suppress" but not “ignore”
- why don’t we have warning for using Try.. except: pass ?
- Hierarchy of Exception Classes
- How Exceptions works in Python 1
- sys.last_type sys.last_value
- veky’s "The Good Solution" of "The Good Radix” mission
- special place of “not” in the grammar
- how suppress works as break and continue
- min and max solution (not veky’s)
- what is special in min and max in Python and why Guido was very unhappy about it
- deduplicating your code
- using default arguments for passing values into nested function
- when you understand that some things are data and some things are code it becomes much easier to understand the rest.
- "What is the name of this cat"
- Inserting into global and local namespaces
- ast.literal_eval and eval function
- a bonus: crazy funny adding solution (PyRPy)
Welcome to CheckiO - games for coders where you can improve your codings skills.
The main idea behind these games is to give you the opportunity to learn by exchanging experience with the rest of the community. Every day we are trying to find interesting solutions for you to help you become a better coder.Join the Game