In a given word you need to check if one symbol goes only right after another.
Cases you should expect while solving this challenge:
- If more than one symbol is in the list you should always count the first one
- one of the symbols are not in the given word - your function should return False;
- any symbol appears in a word more than once - use only the first one;
- two symbols are the same - your function should return False;
- the condition is case sensitive, which means 'a' and 'A' are two different symbols.
Input: Three arguments. The first one is a given string, second is a symbol that should go first, and the third is a symbold that should go after the first one.
Output: A bool.
goes_after('world', 'w', 'o') == True goes_after('world', 'w', 'r') == False goes_after('world', 'l', 'o') == False goes_after('panorama', 'a', 'n') == True goes_after('list', 'l', 'o') == False goes_after('', 'l', 'o') == False goes_after('list', 'l', 'l') == False goes_after('world', 'd', 'w') == False
CheckiO Extensions allow you to use local files to solve missions. More info in a blog post.
In order to install CheckiO client you'll need installed Python (version at least 3.8)
Install CheckiO Client first:
pip3 install checkio_client
Configure your tool
checkio --domain=py config --key=
Sync solutions into your local folder
(in beta testing) Launch local server so your browser can use it and sync solution between local file end extension on the fly. (doesn't work for safari)
checkio serv -d
Alternatevly, you can install Chrome extension or FF addon
checkio install-plugin --ff
checkio install-plugin --chromium